Terms and Conditions of the West Pomerania Shorts SEFF'22
1. The West Pomerania Shorts competition accepts films no longer than 30 minutes of running time, which need to be submitted via the entry form available at the official festival's website. Preview copies can be also delivered personally or by post to the OFFicyna Association office (al. Wojska Polskiego 90, zip code 70-482 Szczecin) on DVD, on an external hard drive or pen drive in the following formats: h264, h265, ProRes (excluding 422 HQ), DVD and BluRay Video. It is also acceptable to send a link to the film, e.g. on Vimeo, YouTube, etc., or share the film file on a website or server. Submitting a film in a format other than those mentioned above must be consulted with the organizer.
2. One competitor may submit a maximum of two films.
3. The final deadline for submissions is June 20st 2022.
4. The date of production cannot be earlier than 01.01.2021.
5. The submitted works cannot contain unlawful or immoral content. Apart from this, all topics and forms are allowed.
6. The entrant must own the copyright to the submitted films.
7. Additional material required: a short synopsis in English (90 words max.); a dialogue list in English and (if possible) in German; a bio and filmography of the director (please give original titles); film stills (at least three); a photograph of the director (at least one).
8. Failure to comply with points 1-7 will be grounds to reject the submission.
9. The organizer will only pass the information about the selection outcome to those whose films have been qualified to the Festival program.
10. The films will be presented during the final screening in Szczecin as part of Szczecin Film Festival ‘22, and selected works will be presented during special SEFF on the Road screenings in Polish and German cities.
11. Audience members partaking in the final presentation will be given a voting card with a list of competing films. Following the presentation of all the films, a voting will be held among the audience members and the jury (assembled by the organizer), the results of which will determine the winner.
12. The entrant agrees for a free-of-charge presentation of their film during the West Pomerania Shorts competition screening and as part of the Szczecin Film Festival ‘22 program.
13. The entrant allows the organizer to use excerpts of their film for promotional purposes that are part of the West Pomerania Shorts competition.
14. The organizer reserves the right to use selected excerpts (up to 3 minutes) from the qualified films for the SEFF '22 festival's promotional and informational purposes (e.g. the festival trailer, TV broadcasts, etc.).
15. The organizer reserves the right to use the submitted film and author information on the festival website, in social media (e.g. Facebook), as well as in all promotional materials (e.g. the catalogue, the program guide, press kits, etc.).
16. The organizer reserves the right to use the submitted materials for promotional activities associated with the Festival before, during, and after closing this year's edition.
17. The entrant gives the right to the Organizer to process their personal data in accordance with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The transfer of the right to process refers to the personal data of the individuals listed in the entry form and the individuals listed on the payroll, especially the filmmakers. The processed data includes the following: first and last name; electronic mail address. The organizer is authorized to further transfer and processing of personal data to other parties, to the extent required.
18. Submitting a film to the competition is synonymous with accepting the terms and conditions.
19. The organizer reserves the right to change these terms and conditions.