Chillout Zone – Director's Night with James Cameron vol.1, vol.2
October Chillout Zone revolves around films which became part of the history of cinema and revolutionised the technical aspect of genre film. This year we are also interested in pictures which emphasise industrial motifs (such as metal, which is very important in the “Terminator” franchise) and new technologies, without which the modern world would be difficult to imagine. James Cameron’s cinema paved the path in the area of innovative special effects and made a real breakthrough.
An iconic, canonical SF thriller made using really little funds, which made Schwarzenegger a star. In Poland also known under the title “Electronic murderer.” In 1984, a cyborg killer comes from the future; his mission is to kill the mother of the future leader of the rebels. He is being followed by Kyle Reese (unforgettable Michael Biehn). One should notice the dark and claustrophobic atmosphere of Los Angeles.
A spectacular continuation of the iconic SF thriller. It is with this film that Cameron truly revolutionised the field of special effects. Schwarzenegger plays Terminator T-800, whose mission is to protect John Connor from dying. In the future the boy is to lead the people in a fight against the machines. Great performance by Linda Hamilton (John’s mother) and Robert Patrick (in the role of a modern cyborg T-1000).
how to get there
- 09:00, Szczecin - Urban Space, SEFF Mini Ready To Fly?
- 10:00, FILM ONLINE, Film philoSEFFy - Monos | 10am, 21.10 - 10am, 23.10 Vimeo
- 10:00, FILM ONLINE, Best Of The Best 10:00, 21.10 - 10:00, 26.10
- 12:00 - 14:00, ONLINE, SEFF Film Forum vol.1
- 16:00 - 21:00, Český film, Chillout Zone – Director's Night with James Cameron vol.1, vol.2
- 17:00, EVENT ONLINE, Telephone ART | 10am, 21.10 - 10am, 26.10 Vimeo
- 18:00 - 19:00, ONLINE, SEFF'20 Opening Ceremony
- 19:00 - 21:00, Kana's Cellar, The Academy of Art @ SEFF