Mała Warszawa - Zakrzewo

Running time: 22’03”

Production: PL 1978

Zakrzewo – a village located 10 kilometres from Złotów. After Poland regained its independence in 1918, this rural area became German territory. The rest of the region remained Polish territory. The village was home to only 4 German families, all other inhabitants were Polish. It was not until 1929 however that it was permitted to open a private Catholic school with Polish language. Before the Second World War Zakrzewo was called “Little Warsaw.”

Authors:

Screenings:

Udostępnij: